Thursday, September 16, 2010




As far as working on sculpture...well things have slowed down a bit. Being back at school for work and taking a sculpture class, and blah, blah, blah...and oh yes...I have a family. Time for working on my current projects has almost become non-existent. Yet I am finding little chuncks of time here and there.

The sculpture class is a real treat. No kidding. I have been blessed with the opportunity to take this class in more ways than one. First, a fellow teacher gave me three grad credit tuition waivers therefor I did not have to pay for the class (thanks Liz!). Second, I am working with stone for the first time and learning from a master sculptor, Don Crouch at WIU. It's all good.

Anyway, the phone booth is in the final stages. I have narrowed my punch list down to about seven items that remain before I can call it finished. Yes, I know...a punch list for an artwork. I have found that this works very well for me since I do not get to spend huge chunks of time on a piece. It really helps me focus since I can become easily distracted by other ideas and projects.

Currently I have three pieces that I am working on. My hope is to have them complete by the end of November/early December. I would like to show four pieces in this years Local Connection Artist Co-op Group Exhibt wich will take place the first or second week of December.

Just a few hints. Ladders, suitcases, mailbox, rolling carts, pillows, telepphones and a human heart (sculpture of course). So if any of these items sound interesting to you than stay posted I will let you know when they will be available for viewing.

No comments: