Saturday, October 4, 2008

A few notes of interest.

This past week has been a bit of a strange one in the Ackman house. Our Great Dane of the last nine and a half years is no longer with us. Christy and I brought Magnus home when he was only 8 weeks old. He had developed some growths in his spleen and lower bowel that were causing problems with his ability to eat and digest food.

We had to make the tough decision to let him go. It was not fun for either of us. You know you have a special pet when your vet cries with you at his passing. When you have a dog that weighs 165 pounds roaming around the house, well lets just say he is hard to miss. Now with him gone, things are a bit out of balance.

On a brighter note, Maguns' buddy Zhang, our 4 year old Pug has kept us more than occupied. They were quite the pair. Magnus, this giant harlequin Great Dane and Zhang a 20 pound Pug. Passers by our home would always seem to get a laugh seeing them together.

I know he is only a dog, but he was part of our family. He will be greatly missed.

Plans are finally underway for an artist co-op here in the big city of Rushville, IL - pop. 3300.
I have come up with a simple, yet solid outline for the co-op. A letter along with the outline will be sent out to those I believe would be interested in becoming involved with this venture. Like I have stated before, this is something I just can't shake. I really see it as something I have to do.

Lots of new sketches for paintings. I can hardly wait to get back to working on them again. The house is almost finished, and my glass work is pretty predictable for the next few months. This means that I can start carving out some time to get back into the studio.

I will do my best to keep you posted.

Onward and Upward,
Jason

No comments: