Saturday, January 3, 2009

Here are some progression photos of a painting I have been working on this past week. I am trying some new things with cardboard as you can see.

I have been interested in doing a painting with these hanging houses since last January. I have noticed how some artists that I admire have done similar work as well. But I had to go ahead and do it anyway.

The final piece is 36"x36". I have yet to figure out how I will frame it though. I have some other ideas for using this theme combined with various ladders that can't quite reach the houses.

I would really like to continue to explore this idea in color like I have been using, but also in tints of white. As I was planning out this painting I was very drawn to the use of various whites but, I decided that would have to wait until another time.

What is the meaning/purpose? I will let you figure that out.






No comments: