Thursday, January 15, 2009


Its cold, nasty cold here in west central Illinois. Our school district canceled school today due to the bitter temperatures. Since we have the second largest busing district in the state...well that means loads of kids of all ages standing out in the cold waiting for their bus to arrive and drive them, in some cases, an hour to their respective school.

This photo was taken by my friend and co-worker Tonya. Not necessarily a fun commute to or from work yesterday. Thank goodness for warm clothes and this bit of a beard I am now sporting.

By the way, I remove the seat for one reason only...frostbite in areas that certainly don't, or at least I have heard, do not respond well to extreme cold. By the end of the day it's like riding an ice cube if I don't. Seat stays warm and everyone is happy.

No comments: