Friday, December 11, 2009

On the go

I have been working through some new ideas for upcoming paintings and installation pieces. Using some new imagery along with previous ideas. I really like being able to connect the old and the new. That is probably why I enjoy working on re-purposed materials. It has become quite apparent to me that I have a difficult time working with just a smooth surface. Texture, changes in surface and the like are what grab my attention. The new work I have been planning really emphasizes this. I would also like to find a location to do another show sometime next year, preferably somewhere other than Rushville. This will be on my to-do list. I have a few places in mind, one is in Macomb the other is in Virginia.

By having a time frame and a set date I can better prepare and focus on what I need to do. Hopefully I will have something in place by the end of the year. I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

No comments: