Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A bit of an explanation.

The painting from a few posts ago. You know the one with the two human profiles and the rooster, sheep and a couple of hearts. Well, I will try to give an explanation here.

The two profiles are of me. The rooster symbolizes not necessarily the outward denial of Christ, but more along the lines of a lack of reliance on Him. The sheep/lamb is symbolic of many things, most importantly, the fact that I am not in charge and He is.

On the left I'm on top and in charge, and on the left, Christ is first and above me. The hearts are reflect both of those times as well. The dark, gray heart belongs to the rooster and the red one belongs to the sheep/lamb.

Sounds simple enough, but there is much truth here. I don't know about you but there are those times when I put me first, I put my desires and wants above others. More importantly, I realize that I often leave Jesus out of the picture completely.

It is during these times that something takes place, some type of trigger or something inside or maybe its a kick in the teeth that jolts me back to where I need to be. And where do I think that place I need to be is? Seeking guidance and direction from the lamb instead of the rooster.

There you go...take it or leave it. Any thoughts from the thousands, if not millions of people who read this blog...well...maybe not millions.

No comments: