Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Paintings and Prints...

are currently in the works. I am still going to continue to paint on cardboard with tempera, but I am also planning on doing some printing as well. I have always enjoyed screen printing and am excited about getting back to it.

Planning on using some of my existing work and reworking it for a print version. For those of you out there who love the look of cardboard and tempera, well, don't fear. I will still be working primarily in that medium. I can't quite describe the feeling of painting with a child-like medium like tempera. And then add in the cardboard and well, I just love it. I know, I know it sounds corny but, well...it is corny. I admit it. Deal with it.

I have been thinking through some new concepts and ideas. Praying that God will continue to guide me....scratch that, I know that God is guiding. I need to pray that I will listen and respond to that guidance. That's better.

Birds, bottles, snow globes and water are just a few of the images drifting through my head currently. Trust me, I will make them all come full circle someday.

I have been reading quite a few blogs and articles on the web along with watching quite a few youtube videos. As always, people keep me on my toes with new thoughts, rehashed old thoughts and of course plenty of questions...it keeps me thinking.

No comments: