Monday, March 24, 2008

Show Update



It"s official, my youngest brother Joe is coming home for a special visit the weekend of the show and is going to bring some of his paintings! I could hardly believe it when he said he wanted to be part of the show. Jeff and I are extremely excited that he is coming. I felt kind of bad at first since we did not invite him in the first place. To be honest I would have not have guessed that he would be interested...but he is!

Jeff and I spent most of the day today working on the space for the show. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, building supports for the art work and just taking a chance to step back and take it all in. It still boggles my mind that we started throwing around this idea a little over a year ago. This idea to have a show where we could display art works of our own. And to add to that, neither one of us had been painting regularly for quite sometime! So we started with an idea, just like paintings do...and here we are, two weeks away. It's pretty cool to think about.

What happens when it's over? What happens when the last person leaves, the lights are shut off and the door is locked? I can't answer that question but I honestly believe this is just the beginning of something significant in our lives.

No comments: